“To reach financial success, you have to be able to realize your bad spending habits”
Are you eating noodles every day? Do you need more beer money? Most students are living on a budget, but when the budget is tight, how do you manage to put some money away for saving or other fun stuff? To reach financial success you need to be aware of your spendings and see what your bad habits are, as well as being able to see where you can save some money. If you want to get “rich” as a student, you need to cut your spending.
Here are some neat tips and tricks for how to save money, and maybe time?
- Buy used books. Books are always a big spending in the start of the semester, and also a big contributor of eating into your wallet. Buy used books to save some money. If you don’t want to buy used, try buying a book package. Some stores offer packages where you as a student might save some money.
- Plan your shopping before you go outside the door. Make a list of what you want to buy, and resist from making impulse purchases. Don’t make impulse shopping trips. Try to go 1 or 2 times to the mall in a week.
- Limit the time you go out per month either it is getting food or our partying. Eating out is a big money thief.
- Cut smoking (if you smoke). That is both bad for your health and bad for your economy.
- Pay off any credit card debt as fast as possible, so you don’t need to pay interest.
- Pay your checks on time to avoid late fees.
- Cut car use. Take a bus or any sort of public transport to save money on gas and all fees connected of using a car.
- Live with a friend or your girlfriend. Then you can split the rent and all utilities such as water or electricity.
- Cut all internet services that you don’t use such as Netflix, Spotify or others. Cut out expensive cable use as well.
- Dont buy lunch at school. Bring food from home and resist buying food out (goes into number 3)
- Download all student apps to see where there are student discounts.
- Download the stores apps to see where they have discount on what food so you can plan your weeks food plan before and cut the food spending.
- Cut the town gym. Campus gym tends to be cheaper.
- Sell what you don’t need. Do you have a bike in your parents garage you don’t use? Well sell it on Craigslist then and earn some money.
- Explore the library. Don’t buy books from the store that you will only use for a week or two. Borrow for free from the campus library.
- Drink water instead of soda. It is good for you to stay hydrated as a student and also good for your economy.
- Make coffee at home and don’t buy coffee at Starbucks or other coffee shops in town.
These were some tips for saving money as a student. A lot of these are lame and you probably don’t want to do any. I personally love Starbucks, I love buying lunch at school. I love soda and I love Netflix. Even though, I myself realize that in order to be able to save some money, I need to set up a budget and watch where to money flows, cash flow. What do I earn, what do I spend, but most important, WHERE do I spend the most money. I hope you learned something, and hopefully you will start looking at your expenses. If you got any more tips on saving money, please do comment below.
Start saving and become rich!!
Last day of 2017 is here. What a year it has been, but finally it is over as well. Going to be a great 2018 I think. What has happened this last year?
Well for starters I graduated from high school here in Norway, and went straight over to university. Now I’m studying in Oslo, so I also had to move away from home and off to the capital. That was a big step, but it went pretty well. “Russetiden” is like the last period of highschool and we had a lot of partying and fun, so that I will remember.
Any New Years resolutions? Well, I don’t really know, kind of don’t follow them anyway. But I want to me more socialized. Being a better student and study more. Be a better boyfriend maybe as well. Saving up more money, as I am an economy student, I want to follow that one. More workout, I really want to get some more in.
What are your New Years resolutions? Got any you want to follow? Give me some tips. Have a great new year. I wish you all the best.
Micro 2017 out.
Here it is. The day before the day. Soon we will go over to 2018. New year new me? Well, I kind of say that every year. We will se how this one goes, but I need to get a grip om myself and start studying more than I did this year.
Today is going to be a long day. First I’m going to work a bit from home, maybe a bit of programming. Trying to learn Swift, programming for iOS and Mac. Then I’m off to a shopping mall to buy some groceries for today. Going to make wok for my girlfriend today when she comes home, so I’m picking her up at the train-station.
Today evening we will probably watch a movie or just fall asleep. I tend to always fall asleep when we watch a movie.
What is your day going to be like? Tomorrow I’m writing about my New Years resolutions, so don’t miss that.
Gooood morning. Woke up about an hour ago, and I’m still tired. Off to work at a kids store today at 12AM, so I got a couple hours to kill before I’m off there. Got to find some motivation to get off the couch tho.
Woke up today in a freezing room, well, my room. I don’t sleep with the window open, but it is still freezing there. The nice thing about waking up in a freezing room, is that it is so comfortable under the sheets, so I was browsing the web for about halv an hour before standing up and rushing to get some clothes on. Got on some comfy pants and war socks and my school sweater with a hoodie. Got up and had some breakfast. Currently I’m back in Kristiansand, in the south of Norway visiting my parents, so I got cake for breakfast. Think it was carrot cake, really good. Now I’m sitting on the couch wondering what to do the next couple of hours. Probably going to drive my dad of to work soon. Maybe just sitting and looking forward for tomorrow.
Hope you guys had a great Christmas. Did you get something nice? What are your plans for Christmas? Looking forward for some answers. Have a great day guys!!
Here is the Christmas tree that is standing in the living room at my parents house. We had plastic trees before, but this year they cut out one in our lawn, so it was free.
Well well well…. Here we go. Who am I? My name is Denis, but a lot of people write Deniz, so I went with it. I live in Norway, Oslo to be precise. Moved there to study at BI, and I got a book called “Microeconomics” laying right beside me, so I went with that as well. Really though through, I know. Why am I writing? Really don’t know, I feel that I need to get my words out there, express myself and just be free. Don’t need a lot of followers, just want to write. What about you may ask. Well, might be about a lot. School, personal life, work, and everything else. “Everything between earth and heaven” as we say it here in Norway. Well the time here is currently 23.08 and I need to get to work tomorrow, so I guess i´ll try to get some sleep. Micro out.